Here at Schreiner's Iris Gardens, we take as much care with our Customer Service as we do with breeding and growing the very best Iris. One of our prized collections in the office is the file of correspondence received over the years. Below you'll find emails from several recent customers. We invite you to share your experience growing Schreiner's Iris. To share your experience, please click the "Submit a Testimonial" button. Thank you and Happy Gardening!

Read more reviews about Schreiner's Iris Gardens from visitors and customers at Trip Advisor.

All reviews and images submitted through this Feedback Form will be previewed for legitimacy and appropriateness. We reserve the right to not post any material we believe to be offensive or otherwise inappropriate. Thank you for your understanding. You are always welcome to phone us if you have concerns with or questions about our plants, products or customer service, so that we may have the opportunity to address the issue and take necessary actions to remedy your concerns. Our toll-free number is 800-525-2367.

Love, Love, Love my Irises!!

Image Testimonial

I just started gardening this year and wanted to plant some irises! So, I purchased 10 Rosalie Figge rhizomes from Schreiner's Gardens and planted them at the beginning of August - just hoping I did everything right! I wasn't expecting anything this year since they were just separated, shipped and newly planted 4 weeks ago. But, yesterday 1 of them bloomed! And I have 2 others with buds and the rest with leaves that have begun to grow! I wish I could submit a picture because it's absolutely beautiful!!! 

Newly-received iris order goes wild

I discovered Schreiner's on the web in May and placed an order for just a few re-blooming bearded irises. As promised they arrived in early July, all well-packed and labeled and in great shape. I am excited about getting beautiful blooms from them next year and for years to come. However, one of them, "Total Recall, "which you described as a prolific bloomer, is in stunning bloom right now! It has three fully open flowers and four more buds on the way.

New Irises

As usual the new iris plants are great. Live in Midwest so takes awhile to get here. Ordered some new lilies this year. Larger plants than most. Usually one or two fans. Smallest plant is 4 fans. Definitely reorder. Thanks again. Can't wait to see them bloom.

You are still THAT good!

To the great people at Schreiners-

I ordered iris from you guys some decades ago and was very impressed with how nice the rhizomes were, and the nice bonus too. Here it is all these years later (didnít have a garden for some time) and I ordered daylilies from you, and I was so happy to see that you are every bit as good as you were back then. I was thrilled with how nice the plants were and so happy with the bonus you sent! I also love your catalogs, and I think I really have to travel there to see the iris and/or daylilies in bloom! I just really appreciate you! ~D. Robinson

Excellent quality!!

I have ordered from Schreiner's consistently since 2015, and have never been disappointed with quality or service. Every rhizome has been true to name and has been extremely hardy. They've survived flood, drought, rot and scorch and they just keep going. I order from all over the country, but Schreiner's will always be on that list!

Long Time Customer

In 1994 in AZ we bought our first house where I could garden. I bought quite a few of your gorgeous Iris and had to learn about "reverse" seasons of growth and bloom in southern AZ. Here it is 24 years later now in northeastern Nevada, and I have carried and moved at least one rhizome from each color of my original purchases to 5 different houses! I'm ordering more this year and want you to know how vigorous and hardy these beauties have been for me!


I ordered iris to plant here in Tennessee. I planted them last Fall and this Spring every iris I planted grew great and had excellent blooms. Neighbors inquired as they walked by where I bought such beautiful colored iris. Your plants are your best advertisement. Thank you

First spring's blooms

I'm sorry to have to submit my overview of the iris I purchased from you last summer in the Rave Reviews section because so far, I have been very disappointed in them as they have started to try to bloom this spring. I first noticed that the buds were taking a very long time to open. I did not keep track of the exact number of days or weeks but when my other iris began to go by, I did investigate further. The purple petals showing above the bud sheath began to fade and so I first pulled the sheaths back on the buds thinking that this would free the blossom to open. It did not, and them I pulled the buds apart and they were yellowish brown and rotting inside. I wish there was a way to send a picture to you as a reference. Only 3 of the 6 plants sent buds up, although all produced nice healthy leaves. What could have caused this? Thank you, Cheryl Johnson

Management Response:

Thank you for writing. The situation as you have described it sounds very much like either weather or soil related. If there is a sudden cold spell during the time that the buds are forming, the bud development can be impeded. If there is too much Nitrogen in the soil, the Iris will produce foliage but will struggle with flower development. Because the rhizomes are healthy, per your information, the plants are sound and will likely fair better the second bloom season. Use caution when fertilizing. We always recommend a low Nitrogen fertilizer. Do no apply bark dust around the plants, as this can leach too much Nitrogen into the soil. Ensure that the Iris receive at least 6 hours of sun per day, and that the soil drains very well.

Consistent Quality and True to Name

I have been ordering TB iris from Schreiner's since the mid-1970s, about 100 varieties in all. I have always received large, healthy rhizomes - unlike some from other mail-order suppliers I have tried. Some varieties, such as Best Bet, Brazilian Holiday, Beverly Sills, and Supreme Sultan, have greatly exceeded bloom and/or vigor expectations here in my southern Ohio garden. I also appreciate your informative catalog and website copy and photos, especially since I am far from your gardens.

Looking for an iris," Man about town", a favorite of my daughter-in- law, can I still get it? Hers was left behind when they got a new house

I've been a loyal Schreiner Iris lover since 2000, love them, so regal looking, Beautiful! At one time, before I moved, I had 129 different kinds. Trying to start a new garden. Looking for "Man About Town". Thanks L. Escareno


Again this year my garden was the talk of the neighborhood. Your BATIK and IMMORTALITY put on a spectacular show. I just want to say THANK YOU for all the glorious Iris memories I have developed reading and drooling thru your catalogs and loving my IRIS. KAREN BABCOCK

My sister bought these for my 60th birthday almost 2 years ago. This year they are all in their glory and beautiful.

Every day I look for a new surprise bloom

Last year, I bought 51 different varieties of Iris - over 40 of them from Schreiner's. Every morning I walk out front to my garden to find out what has bloomed or is about to bloom. The flowers are gorgeous.

Only one iris failed to come back after a cold winter here. I called your customer service and it is being added to my 2018 collection. Thanks for your great customer service. Your representatives are always courteous and friendly and helpful. I will only buy from you --- oh, maybe if one strikes my fancy at a local nursery.

Schreiners garden

The finest display of iris anywhere. The friendliest people waiting to help with an order. Iris rhyzomes of the finest quality. Packed and shipped with care. I couldn't be happier.

Best Quality Products

Several years ago, I ordered nearly $500 worth of product (mostly Irises) from Schreiner's. I was so impressed with the quality of the product and the superior care taken in the labeling and packaging. I did have 1 item that appeared diseased and the company promptly, without questions, replaced that item. I have continued to enjoy the beautiful irises year after year. Their product is, in my opinion, the best on the market. Their customer service is excellent as well. I look forward to adding to my iris collection, with Schreiner's as my company of choice.

Iris blooming in October

A few years ago we ordered some iris from you and they bloomed. Then, we moved to Texas and the heat and poor soil has been hard on them. To our surprise, the beautiful white iris just bloomed. As it was opening our temperatures were to be in the 30's so I cut it and brought it in. It is so beautiful. Wonderful smell and huge. Love my iris, Susie


There's one iris I adore over all the others I have from you and it is called Revere. Without a doubt it is one of the largest and most prolific bloomers of the many wonderful Schreiners iris I grow. This one I will never be without. Totally in love with "Revere"

My recent order.

I received my order of 76 iris in early September and planted them the same day. I was amazed at the quality of your product; very large rhizomes and very healthy looking. They are already taking off nicely and as we are going into winter I am looking forward to spring.

Very Happy Customer

I have been buying my iris from Schreiners for many years. I moved to zone 2 from zone 7 in 2015 when we retired to the Sierras I potted up over 200 of my iris and worried about them all winter long. They didn't do well the winter of 2015 but last winter buried under 4 feet of snow I held my breath....and WOW what a beautiful show they put on. Some I had not seen in years. So of course I ordered too many as I do every year and have got them almost in the ground. I'm looking forward to visiting your gardens in 2019 when my two iris friends from Australia will be there.... :)

First order ever of Iris!

I found Schreiner's on Google and I ordered over $100 of tall bearded to be delivered by November. Then I had to dig the new area to plant them! This is NH and all that you find when you try to dig is granite, big rocks and little and sometimes ledge. I managed to create the bed and waited anxiously for the package to arrive. When i opened it I was amazed at the size of the roots and the healthy appearance of them all. They are in the ground now and I am praying for some rain since we are quite dry and need it before winter starts. I cannot tell you how wonderful those iris looked when they arrived. And I can't wait for spring to see the first blooms. Schreiner's is 100% the best place to buy iris and I can't wait to order more next year!! Thank you Schreiner's.

Great irises

I've used Schneiner's irises for a few years now. The roots they send are so healthy and blooms are always exactly like they are depicted on their site. I love how the irises upgrade the look of my gardens.

Happy with Iris Order

I just received my first iris order and I'm so happy!!! I took my invoice and went back to the website to get photos of the iris. If I'd taken the time to inspect the iris in the package, I'd have seen how wonderful Schreiner's is!!! They tagged all of them with pics and descriptions. So lovely!!

Blooms For Generations to Come

Last year I was taking care of a lovely 94 year old lady and toward her last good mental days, she looked through my catalog. Noticing how her eyes lit up as she slowly absorbed the pictures, I thought why not order a few for a special memory garden. We talked it over and went to work for a whole week picking out the ones she would want. At home I quickly put together a raised bed and filled it with the right soil, etc. and we eagerly awaited the bulbs. They arrived just before she died but she knew her garden would bloom. This week I have been so totally in awe of her iris blooms and have sent photos as they bloom to her children. Thank each of you for you part in this as it is your effort to secure the best for your customers, that this memory will continue to be passed on to future family members.Ź

Beautiful flowers/allergies

A friend of mine brought me a bouquet of your iris and put them on my desk. Shortly after my head became stuffed up. As I was driving home my head cleared up just like that. I have purchased irises from you several times. They stuff me up, but I don't care, they are so beautiful. I m planning on visiting your gardens next year. In the meantime I'll place my order. I am willing to suffer through a stuffed up head In order to enjoy these beautiful iris.

Iris Bed 2017

Image Testimonial

98% of this iris bed is from Schreiner's! The other 2% was from family and friends. I always receive huge rhizomes! I tell anyone who wants iris to order from you.

Iris Bed 2017

Image Testimonial

98% of this iris bed is from Schreiner's! The other 2% was from family and friends. I always receive huge rhizomes! I tell anyone who wants iris to order from you.

Iris Bed 2017

Image Testimonial

98% of this iris bed is from Schreiner's! The other 2% was from family and friends. I always receive huge rhizomes! I tell anyone who wants iris to order from you.

Image Testimonial

I planted last Fall in Santa Fe, mulched with pine needles, and now have the first bloom. The dew is from this morning's melted snow! This Iris's name is "Habit". Thank you Schreiner's!

Image Thank you Schreiner's!

I planted last Fall in Santa Fe, mulched with pine needles, and now have the first bloom. The dew is from this morning's melted snow! This Iris's name is "Habit". Thank you Schreiner's!

The Joy of Irises

Image Testimonial

I cannot begin to tell you how much joy your irises have brought. They are spectacular and I find myself checking every morning to see if any new blooms have opened. I have sent pics of stunning irises to my mum in Scotland so that she, too, can marvel. Although I am moving house shortly and will be leaving all my irises behind, I look forward to ordering LOTS more for my new home.

Submit a Testimonial

Upload File

Schreiner's Iris Garden's newsletter contains news and announcements, cultural tips, and special offers. Join Our Mailing List